Opportunities To Serve Others!
There are several ways to get involved with Social Justice opportunities at Aldea.
Our current involvement includes the following community partners:
- Habitat for Humanity – scheduled days to help with new home builds and work days for A Brush With Kindness neighborhood revitalization partnerships.
- Primavera Dinner for Five Points – prepare and serve dinner to adult residents on fifth Fridays throughout the year.
- Tihan Poz Cafe – train and serve lunch to those living with HIV/AIDS
- LGBT Ally Group – meets the first Sunday of each month after the second service.
- Interfaith Community Services (ICS) – collecting school supplies and backpacks for children in need, at the time school begins; collecting food goods for the ICS food pantry; volunteering to drive individuals to appointments.
And, we’d love to hear of other opportunities to be of service in our community, or globally. Please share your project ideas by writing them on the connection cards or emailing us at info@LovePeriod.org.
FOOD for FOOD – a thankfulness project!
For the next three Sundays 11/9, 11/16, 11/23 we will be collecting the food items for ICS, one of our Social Justice community partners. (See suggestions below)
On Sunday Nov. 23 we will be sharing a Snack of Thanksgiving, between the two services. There will be small ham, turkey, and veggie sandwiches and slices of pie for your enjoyment. This is our opportunity to come together in gratitude as a spiritual community. And, we will bless and send off our food donations to ICS.
If you would like to donate a pie or make some sandwiches for this Thanksgiving Snack, please get in touch with Denise Nagy or indicate your desire to help on the connection cards at Aldea on Sunday or email, info@LovePeriod.org.
ICS at this time asks for donations of:
- Canned cranberry sauce, Boxed stuffing mix, Boxed mashed potato mix, Spaghetti sauce, Pasta, Peanut butter, Jelly, Boxed cereal, Canned fruit, Canned soups, Canned vegetables, Canned tuna or other meats, Powdered milk and Jello.