At Aldea, the idea of outreach is not an off-shoot of what we do, it is engrained into our every day existence.
Aldea is more of a ‘movement’ connecting those who are out to make a difference in our world together! Sure, you can give $10 to someone struggling on the street corner, or pay it forward at Christmas by giving unexpected goats…but think about the synergistic effect of us getting together to support one another, share ideas, and INCREASE our impact to create true change for good on earth right now!
We are always looking for a few good women, and men, and youth to jump in and make a splash. Our current cause is one way that you can connect with some exciting generosity – and the other way is by joining up with our social justice or hospitality teams. Both can work with you to discover how the skills and interests that you have could make a big difference in someone’s life.
“The Spirit of the Lord is upon me, for he has anointed me to bring Good News to the poor. He has sent me to proclaim that captives will be released, that the blind will see, that the oppressed will be set free, and that the time of the Lord’s favor has come.” Jesus, from Luke 4 (NLT)
Opportunities To Serve Others!
There are several ways to get involved with Social Justice opportunities at Aldea.
Our current involvement includes the following community partners:
- Habitat for Humanity – scheduled days to help with new home builds and work days for A Brush With Kindness neighborhood revitalization partnerships.
- Tihan Poz Cafe – train and serve lunch to those living with HIV/AIDS
- Tucson Homeless Connect – The mission of Tucson Homeless Connect is to provide a single location where local agencies, government, businesses, medical providers and the faith community collaborate to help the homeless persons with basic needs, referrals and advocacy.
- LGBT Ally Group – meets the first Sunday of each month after the second service.
- Interfaith Community Services (ICS) – collecting school supplies and backpacks for children in need, at the time school begins; collecting food goods for the ICS food pantry; volunteering to drive individuals to appointments.
And, we’d love to hear of other opportunities to be of service in our community, or globally. Please share your project ideas by writing them on the connection cards or emailing us at info@LovePeriod.org.
Click here for a more details about the organizations we partner with and how you can be involved.
Please share your project ideas by emailing us at info@LovePeriod.org. Thank you for making a difference!